Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day One at UDub

My first day at the University of Washington was a realxed introduction to the library system. I was set up with a cubicle that has a view out onto trees that are in bud. Most of the day was spent touring some of the libraries on campus. This morning the sun was out and it appeared to me that Spring had arrived. By 16h00 it was raining and a freezing cold wind was blowing.

I didn't take too many pictures today, but here are a couple. On the top is one of the exterior of the Suzzallo Library, and the bottom one is of campus.



Over the weekend I got to see two of the Seattle tourist attractions. On the left, Pike Place Market and on the left, the Space Needle.



As most of our group experienced at the Sears Tower in Chicago, the Space Needle has an elevator that goes up and up and a viewing platform from which one can see far into the distance out over the city to the mountains. Unfortunately it's been very cloudy since I arrived so I wasn't able to see the mountains in any detail.

Caroline

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home