Thursday, April 22, 2010

On the eve of the last day...

On the eve of the last day of the academy, and, I suppose, the eve of my embarking on a new career as a radical librarian, the following exercise in attempting to map the landscape of my thoughts: Since I am no master of economy of words yet, I’m going to be decidedly verbose in trying to describe which I feel now, which is actually, ‘at a loss for words’...

Privileged... for having been exposed to so much wisdom emanating from such an awe-inspiring cadre of intellectuals in such incredible surroundings.

Sad... for having to say goodbye to an inspirational group of professional ‘kinfolk’.

Passionate... as always for this calling of ours.

Afraid... of not being able to fulfil high expectations, of walking in big shoes and of treading new paths.

Disillusionment... for comfort zones have been shattered and safety blankets ripped away.

Empowered... with new knowledge and reaffirmation of old beliefs.

Small... in an overwhelming system of bureaucracy, admin and uncertainty,

... but brave in an overwhelming sphere of possibility.

Jittery? ... but that might just be the coffee!

2 Comments:

At April 22, 2010 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Smith said...

An excellent description ...
Ina

 
At April 23, 2010 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Refilwe AgnesMatatiele said...

I always enjoy reading your posts. I like your writing style.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home