Thursday, October 21, 2010

Managing your boss

Following several discussions about different management issues, I came across an article from the Harvard Business Review. First published in 1980, it has become "a staple at business schools and corporate training programs worldwide". Reading through it myself, I found that it provides many good tips and promotes common sense thinking that I could use in managing all my relationships.

Here's the reference to the 2005 reprint:
Gabarro, J. & Kotter, J. 2005. Managing your boss. Harvard Business Review. 83 (1): 92-99.

I downloaded it from http://www.slmgtgroup.com/protected/Archives/Harvard%20Leadership%20Articles/Managing%20Your%20Boss.pdf

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2010 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Avenal said...

Thank you for pointing out this HBR article.

Too often I only look at the cartoons featured in each issue, but I found the subsequent article entitled Managing oneself by Peter Drucker to be very interesting. The emphasis on communicating your values, improving performance and taking responsibility for work relationships sounds like a good mix of ingredients. The idea of the 'second half of life' gave me food for thought and made me wish I was ten years younger!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home