Wednesday, October 12, 2011

RLC JOURNEY






Tuesday 11 October 2011


Journey to education and leadership continues today. Lots of interesting talks, but my favourate of the day was Prof Donald Foster, talking about knowledge. Guys that man is a walking , talking, sleeping eating Psychologist. Very knowledgeble of the fileld, a brilliant lecturer too. He clarify our position as librarians in that from today onwards when people ask of what we do as librarians , we will have to answer that, "We are the co-producers of knowledge" I wouldn't miss his lecture even if its a downey in the cold Grahamstown weather. Our first session of groups was also one of the interesting potions of my day. Sharing common knowledge and seeing how diverse locations doen't affect the quality of production we provide. Common thinking. The day ended up with a guided walk, and the classic is I turned on the way before distination because I am mountain sick, my system refused the smell of different herbs, the great news is after I have turned back the group saw a snake, what a blessing in disguised. I am not friendly with snakes , but I had told the group ealiar that I will just catch it by tail and throw it away. What a pleasant weather in Cape Town.

1 Comments:

At October 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Thandiwe Menze said...

Hi there Lucky,

Appreciate your daily updates! That's what I liked most about the Academy - when the researchers humanised their work. Now that I'm a burgeoning researcher myself I can relate to the passion they bring into their work. Funny about your experience of the mountain work and the snake (lol).

Bye for now,
T

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home