Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Monday's presentations

After the presentation by Karin and the other librarians, I am much more confident about the way forward. That is - what practical steps I can take as I engage with academics to provide research support. On increasing our subject knowledge one very useful source she highlighted was the abstracts and research methodologies in the thesis. At UKZN subject librarians do cataloguing and classification. So I'll pay more attention to the methodologies used in the subjects which I am still learning.

"Blood on the floor" - UCT seems to have a very good & practical collection development policy. But it seems to have taken lots of hard work to get there. I saw tenacity, team work and consistent collecttion of EVIDENCE to support policy.

Looking forward to fitting in more pieces of the "Library Academy puzzle" in the cousre of this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home