Saturday, September 22, 2007

Research Project Discussions, 22 Sept. 2007

My interests lie in the value that libraries bring to postgraduate education in the context of many other factors. Together with the sessions that ran from 17 September, the research project discussions were beneficial. Since the Chi-Square lessons I took as a library school student years back, I have always avoided this technique in surveys. Colin constructively interogated my methodology in such a manner that I should go back to this technique to address issues of reliability and validity in my project. In addition, I am rethinking my sampling techniques to narrow my project to a manageable level within the time limits set by the Carnegie project. Depending on the experience and outcomes, this may necessitate a broader research study beyond the Carnegie project in order to fully explore any evidence that may be available.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home