Saturday, April 12, 2008

Texas A & M, Friday, April 11 2008

I was kind of nervous this morning as I had to do my presentation at the Deans Corner. This is a time scheduled monthly where all the staff meet for an hour and half and there is a video conference set up to the satelite libraries. The equipment in this room was intimidating as its very hi tech with 3 video cameras, pointing at you and high tech sound equipment. Anyway, I started of my presentation and them went on to shop them a library orientation video. The staff just loved my presentation and asked several interesting questions. Many were not aware of where South Africa was and this gave the map gave them a good overview. I heard that staff were talking in corridoors about my presentation and some even want a copy. Well, that makes me feel good and ohh, I have a recorded copy. Apparently the meetings during the Deans corner is always recorded.
I then met with a group of Librarians who wanted me to share my knowledge of SA databases and resources, especially in the Business and Politics / Economcis arena. I demonstrated SABINET and they were quite impressed.
Am off to Houstom tomorrow to visit NASA, so will let you know all about that on Sunday...

Omesh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home