Thursday, April 22, 2010

Eureka

Hi All

I've been having trouble accessing the blog.

I had a light bulb moment this morning while reflecting on the experience of the Academy: Researchers are very passionate about their research and the work that they do. The reason that some, not all, researchers are unhappy with libraries, and librarians in particular, is that we have somehow failed to recognise the passion with which they approach their work. What I take away from this academy is the fact that I need to to begin to get excited about research and the work that researchers do so that I can begin to engage with them on that level of enthusiasm and excitement!

In the past two weeks I have met a bunch of really great people who are really committed to the work that they do and have enjoyed having discussions with them and believe that I have learnt much from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home