Friday, April 16, 2010

Ms Lisa Kane

What is it about libr* that I find exciting?
The detective work; the materials that I work with (includes original manuscripts); researchers (I especially learn from their topics of research; the satisfaction from researchers when they discover new things (includes tools that empower them in their research).

What is my earliest joyful/enjoyable memory related to libr*?
Probably not my earliest, but for me some of the most memorable: The exhibition of original composer manuscripts in the British Library (included Haendel's Messiah); viewing and 'handling' of Mozart manuscript at Christies in London prior to an auction; working with earlier printed editions for Haendel House in London prior to its opening.

What puzzles me about libr*?
Librarians feeding the misconception of libr*.

What angers me about libr*?
Sticky photocopiers and printers, and people that scratch in books (especially when it is in ink)!

"I wish attitudes and priorities (also for funding) towards libraries could be different."

I wish everyone could hear about the libr*: Those somehow involved in research and depending on the libr* without knowing it - wake up and smell the coffee!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Blogger santha said...

The serendipity of information work is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home