Friday, April 16, 2010

I particularly liked Lisa Kane telling us "when you can't think it , just write", as I am at a sticky point in my research project. It helps to see that other researchers experience the same kind of problems. While my mother also read to me as a child, for some reason the memory that was prompted by Lisa's question was the following: sitting in the childrens' section of my small town library and feeling excited and overwhelmed by all the books surrounding me, and just diving into the nearest one. I could not yet read, but I knew there was a story behind all the wonderful pictures! Anyway, the thing about Lisa's questions was that they got me thinking about my own library experiences, from the perspective of my work as well as that of myself as a library user.
Time's up!

1 Comments:

At April 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Lisa Kane said...

I have received that little nugget of advice from several sources, but one writer expressed it this way. When you think you are usually having a rather fuzzy conversation with yourself but when you write you are immediately dialoguing, and in the process of writing "it" usually becomes clearer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home