Tuesday, September 25, 2007

17 - 21 Sept

What an amazing week! All those different views on research from researchers in the various fields. Publishing was one of the highlights of all the presenters. However, I was concerned that some of them said that they do not publish in South African journals because of the low impact factor. My question is, " Are the South African journals not a starting point for the emerging researcher?"

I assist a number of emerging and mature researchers with their literature searches and bibliographies, but it did not occur to me to either ask or get them to talk to the librarians about how they do their research. This week has been an eye opener in this regard. I am certainly going to ask a lot more questions about their research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home