Saturday, March 28, 2009

University of Washington

Whew!!! What a week and more!! It has been much more than I bargained for. Sorry… have been out of touch. Unlike Janine and her laundry saga, I have been very fortunate to have laundry facilities “on site”. The staff at University of Washington libraries have been very friendly and made me feel at home the minute I walked in. I have been invited to lunch almost every day. It has been meetings, lunches and more meetings. As I walked this morning feeling the crisp air (3 degrees C) it suddenly struck me that this campus is absolutely clean and free of litter. Not sure whether this is because it is spring break but I’ll have to wait until next week to see if there is any difference in this clean environment. It is amazing but people are responsible enough to make sure that recyclable stuff goes into a separate bin, even at food courts people clean up after themselves and make sure you use a pedestrian crossing or a traffic light in order to get across the street.
About University of Washington (UW), I will not be doing any justice if I try to describe it. So therefore feast your eyes on this video clip and eat your heart out!!!http://depts.washington.edu/mediarel/galleries/

3 Comments:

At March 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Janine said...

Wonderful video clip!
3 degrees? Oh dear. Isn't it supposed to be spring?

 
At March 31, 2009 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Ray said...

Whew! is in deed the right expression. I am in love with the architecture, and the trees. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Dont stop

 
At April 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Omesh's Blog said...

Hmm, seems too good to be true...amazing how clean and fresh everything seems..and those buildings, wow...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home