Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last full day

I really enjoyed listening to Karin de Jager this morning - she is so passionate about research! Karin gave us some practical and useful ideas with regards to research we can do in our own libraries. As a practical person I appreciate this kind of presentation more than the ones with all the airy-fairy theoretical stuff. This is probably why I - in the end - also appreciated Prof Christie's presentation. (Do I hear someone say, "Yeah, looks can be deceiving"?). Although, I must say I felt a little less positive than he did! There lies a long and winding road ahead of me (and I'm not talking of the one back to Stellenbosch).

It was also a pleasure to listen to Archie Dick. But we already saw with the readings that he is worth listening to, didn't we?

These past two weeks have been like one long holiday, albeit a working one, and I'm really grateful that I could be part of this amazing inspiring experience. Thank you so much to everyone for your individual inputs - from Thandiwe to Pavlinka!

Sleep well and have a safe trip home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home