Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lisa Kane

What is it about libraries that I find exciting?

The fact that not one day is the same. Every client that comes and sit in front of you has different needs and questions and is a person in its own and needs to be treated like that. The interaction with clients, the new techonolgies and dynamicness of a library.


What is my earliest joyfull experience that was a enjoyable memory?

My first practical experience at the Univeristy of Pretoria Library. I remember that is was in the Natural and Engineering Science faculty library. I had to help a student to find information in the printed Engineering Index. Yes no Science Direct or IEEE !!!!! It was so pleasant and enjoyable when I did find relevant and good references for the student!!!! I felt very good about myself and my service.


What puzzles me about libraries.

That people find libraries are boaring and they do not need libraries???


What angres me about libraries?

The fact that librarians are seen as people who sit behind desks and stamp books the whole time. we are dynamic and have to work very hard to keep up with all the new technologies and developments and need much more recognition for what we are doing and accomplish.

Gerda 18 April







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home