Sunday, April 18, 2010

On Lisa Kane ...

What is it about libr* that I find exciting?
The constant change! Challenging me to grow, experience, learn. It scares me, I keep looking into myself to find the courage and through mastering a new fear I grow stronger, more self confidant , experimenting my new boundaries.
What is my earliest joyful/enjoyable memory related to libr*
The vast knowledge that was on those shelves, just waiting for me to read! I was always reading, even after "lights out" I used a flashlight to read, under my bedcovers.
What puzzles me about libr*?
Beaurocracy, even coated with modern management fairydust like "open door policies", is still very much alive in our libraries ...
Discrimination/ reverse discrimination. Not applying the "best" person in the available position but rather clinging to political correct placements, only to spend thousands for training and personnel time . Then send out reapplications when the person move onto better positions!
What angers me about libr* and wish could be different?"
The system promoting individuality! You get bonuses/promotions by doing the things that excells. Every person trying to "out do" their colleagues, to be seen by management. Instead of working together, bringing together all those talents towards a meaningful result.

We all have different talents, by working together, without the almost constant fear of performing for to be noticed, more wonderful things could be done.

1 Comments:

At April 19, 2010 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Smith said...

I fully agree with you Tertia!
Ina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home