Saturday, April 17, 2010

My responses to Lisa Kane's questions

What is it about libr* that I find exciting?
Helping users and researchers to get what they need as quickly as possible.

What is my earliest joyful/enjoyable memory related to libr*?
taking books out of the pre-fab library that we helped to build at my junior school.

What puzzles me about libr*?
Why don't people recognise the importance and value of libraries and being able to read?

What angers me about libr*?
The fact that library management doesn't seem to recognise the value of the services offered by the ILL department - the head of the department is seen as a "glorified" clerk.

What I wish could be different.
It would be wonderful if society could realise the value of a library - if public and school libraries could receive the financial support that they need to be able to make a differnce.

What I wish everyone could hear about libraries.
I wish eveyone could experience the new library at Rhodes particularly when it is buzzing with students. Libraries and librarians are there to help you !!
Sue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home