Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Lisa Kane!

It has been great reading the responses to Lisa Kane's questions, so I would like to add a few more:
Q - What is it about libr* that I find exciting?
A - The look of relief or "Wow" moment on a student's face when I've helped them find what they need. To me this is one of the most satisfying aspects of being a subject librarian. Undergrad students who feel confident about their own (re)search, become enthusiastic capable post-grads.
Q - What angers me about libr*?
A - Librarians who don't care! Especially those with bad attitudes to their users, and are unhelpful and disinterested.

Enough of that! I am wondering how others have fared with the cd given to us on Saturday. There is so much on the cd that it has been quite difficult chosing what to write about. However, I do think that we could have had a more constructive session on Saturday....I kept thinking that we would get to the exercises but they never materialised, and I will be putting this in my post-it feedback tomorrow.
I really enjoyed my outing to the Waterfront today and feel much energised by the experience. It was good to have a complete change of environment, and enjoy the "buzz" of the city. I am now ready to tackle the next phase of our Academy experience!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home