Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello to the RLC Librarians

I'm very happy to be included in the RLC Librarians' community and am looking forward to the Research Academy in October and meeting everyone.

I'm the Subject Librarian for Historical Studies, Film and Media Studies, Education, Librarianship and Social Development, based in the Humanities Information Division at UCT Libraries.

I run a number of blogs for some of my subject areas (Historical Studies, Film, Media, and Education) as well as a blog for the Humanities Library. Don't always get the chance to blog as often as I would like, though!

I am also involved within the wider LIS community - currently chair [and have just been re-elected] of the Western Cape Higher Education Libraries Interest Group of LIASA; and manage the national Higher Education Libraries Interest Group listserv.

Update: The Western Cape LIASA Branch AGM was held this morning (17/08/2010), and I am now the incoming Chair of the Branch!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home