Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle

When one hears “Seattle”, the first thing that comes to mind is “Sleepless in Seattle” and I wish it would “Rain less” in Seattle. It has rained almost the entire week. Today, we have had absolutely beautiful weather. I walked around absorbing what I usually take for granted back home. People enjoying the sun, children playing in parks, joggers and cyclists enjoying their sport, students skate boarding and even a change in dress code. The “Cherry Trees” have just begun to blossom and they are absolutely gorgeous. I have been hearing about the “Cherry Blossoms” even before I came to Seattle, which seems to magically lift ones spirit. I have had an interesting and somewhat amazing week and just a sneak preview: the first of which, Janine will be trilled about is that, some of UW subject librarians are looking at the merit of using twitter to market and promote the libraries resources. The second, I attended the Medicine Morning Reports meeting and the Medicine Grand Round meeting. What is amazing is the relationship that the Subject Librarian has with the Medicine Department. This is certainly a model I would like to follow.

2 Comments:

At April 6, 2009 at 1:47 AM , Blogger Janine said...

Ooh, yes, I am indeed thrilled to hear that. I also attended a meeting this week where the Digital Implementations Team was considering using Twitter for a new digital exhibit. Innovative!

 
At April 6, 2009 at 5:01 AM , Blogger Janie Johnson said...

I commented on my week 5 report on how the Dean of Library Faculty uses Twitter successfully on a daily basis on the Library Intranet Page. For myself I still have to work out what makes Twitter so popular, I hear & see constantly on TV about Twitter and Tweet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home