Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mont Fleur Day 2




I can just echo previous bloggings. Day 2, especially the 1st speaker Prof Scarlett Cornelissen's session about research in Political Science was very useful to me because it's my subject. From all the other speakers I could learn about the way they conducted research, and got insight about other disciplines. I also learnt more than just the content of the presentation in a certain field. The way the speakers presented themselves varied, and that in itself was also interesting. In all the presentations yesterday and today, there were something to stimulate my thoughts, and I think that is what the Academy is all about.

I learnt tonight to play pool(always want to do that), enjoyed it a lot, had to work on my eye & hand co-ordination though. The playmates were VERY patient. The view and sunset produced lovely photo's which made the huffing and puffing of the mountain walk definitely worth while. I'm also now getting used to the surroundings and will sleep like a baby and not even my dear friend the frog that sounds like a dripping tap will keep me awake.

3 Comments:

At April 14, 2010 at 6:26 AM , Blogger Smith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 14, 2010 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Smith said...

You are an excellent photographer Julene! Love your photos. Ina

 
At April 14, 2010 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Mimi Seyffert said...

Stunning photos! Jealous that I could not go with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home