Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Intro!

Hi!

I'm Wynand van der Walt and I am currently working at Rhodes University Library Services as the e-resources manager/digital services librarian. I've recently joined Rhodes after having been at Sabinet as a product manager for 2 years, and heading the LICT (Library and Information Communication Technology) section at the University of the Western Cape Library Services for 7 years prior to that.

For me being a librarian is so much more than something I do - but rather a way of living that encapsulates my very reason for being, a position that allows for me to express who I am within an environment which I absolutely love! There is also not a single area of librarianship that does not excite me and as such I have been involved in readership studies, cataloguing, circulation, acquisitions etc.

I am extremely happy to have been granted this opportunity to attend the academy as I have wanted to embark on research for a while now. I believe that all the participants have knowledge and experiences to share and I am looking forward to learning and contributing.

For more information about me and my family, or to see what I enjoy reading, please visit my Facebook profile, or my Linkedin profile:
Wynand Van Der Walt

Create Your Badge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home