Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday's thoughts

I did enjoy listening to the different viewpoints and approaches of research, last week. Theory is not my favourite thing, but I know we have to get to grips with it and understand it. I found last week to be very challenging, and tiring at the same time.
After a wonderful weekend's harbour sailing and Two Ocean's visit, together with some chatting and some sleep, I found myself ready for today.
And I enjoyed the presentations emmensely today. They were challenging, productive, interactive.
I am enjoying reading our blog posts. The one thing that strikes me, is that we seem to be in the same frame of mind ; sharing our stories, experiences, and working together. Working and thinking hard, and so enthusiatistcally. Many of us seem to have a renewed energy for our profession ; I did not realise how many people start to lose this energy over time. So, even for this, I am so grateful for the academy.
I am also enjoying the peaceful environment. My room desk overlooks the hills and beautiful gardens of MontFleur. As well as overlooks Stellenbosch in the distance. Birdsong throughout the day, and night owls hooting at night. So when I work at my desk, the calm outside helps me to focus on my work. I have so enjoyed this 'me' time, with very little to distract me (except pool and darts after dinner - which is OK because I'm brain dead by then).
Thats my thoughts for Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home