Friday, April 23, 2010

Then disaster struck

On a high arriving on the 11th April 2010 I was ready for the new adventure in my live. Two weeks of research learning. After 3 days I was totally confused. I have learned nothing about research but heard a lot of it. Suddenly the light appeared. Duh look at the big picture and everything was fine again. Enjoying the presenters, some of them, the first week was over. Going to the Strand with Ina, Gerda and Tertia the weekend couldn’t start better but then disaster struck. I’m starting to feel ill. Stop at the pharmacy get medicine and off again. Sunday didn’t felt better and instead of going to the V&A stayed in bed. Monday morning I’m off to the doctor. Luckily it was only bronchitis but still was bound to bed for 2 more days. Monday and Tuesday, the two days that I really looked foreword to but was not meant to be. I guess I gave the term embedded librarian a whole new meaning. For me the 2 days was a big loss. I will definitely look at the presentations. From Wednesday I was back again and learned more everyday.
Thank you to all of you that were concerned. It was 2 weeks of hard work and fun. To my pool and darts friends I’m sorry you beet me. Maybe when we meet again I will be on the winning side. To Karin, Colin and Pat thank you for the program the help on the report and the organizing off the whole program and setting. To our mom, Hilda, thank you for the support and to UP for sending me on this program. Last but not least, thank you for all that made this a wonderful experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home