Saturday, January 9, 2010

Introducing myself

Hi there !
My name is Sue Rionda. I am currently the Senior Library Assistant for the Inter-Library Loans department at Rhodes University Library. After completing a postgraduate diploma and honours degree at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Pietermaritzburg, I started my working life in Zimbabwe, working as the Librarian for the Audit and Accounting Section in the Harare Office of PriceWaterhouseCoopers. In 2003, my husband and I moved to South Africa and settled in Grahamstown. I was able to obtain a temporary post as a librarian in the Cory Library for Historical Research at Rhodes University. When the incumbent returned from maternity leave, I took up a position as Senior Library Assistant at the Circulation Desk in the Main Library before moving to my present post as the Library Assistant in the Inter-Library Loans department. I find my work very fulfilling as I love trying to ensure that my requesters are able to obtain even the most obscure items.
2010 promises to be an exciting year at Rhodes with the expected completion of the Library Extension and Renewal project, the opening of the "New" library and the challenge of providing new and improved services to our users. The Academy then comes at just the right time, providing me with a wonderful opportunity to build on my knowledge of academic librarianship and to develop the skills needed to support Rhodes researchers and library users - skills I hope later to be able to share with my colleagues at Rhodes.
I am looking forward to the Academy in April, to meeting the participants and to learning a great deal.
See you there!!

Sue Rionda
Library Assistant : Inter-Library Loans
Rhodes University Library
Tel. (046) 6038464
E-Mail: s.rionda@ru.ac.za

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home