Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introducing myself

Hi everyone
I'm Mimi Seyffert and am currently head of Special Collections at Stellenbosch University Library and Information Service. I started working here mere hours after writing my last exam for a B.Bibl. degree back in the day, and have been part of the Special Collections furniture ever since.
I'm passionate about the environment I work in and proud to play a role in the preservation of South African heritage and history and promoting research in these areas. As well as being snugly content in my little treasure trove, I'm also excited by new challenges facing our profession today and view the opportunity of attending the RLC Academy as a real privilege.
I assume most of us are back at work by now and ready to tackle 2010 head-on! Judging by my first one and a half hectic days back at work, it seems as if this one is going to be a challenge.
Good luck to all of you and I look forward to meeting everyone.
PS: Anyone interested are welcome to have a look at my Special Collections Blog, Sidenotes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home