Sunday, January 24, 2010

Introducing myself


Hi there!

I'm Naomi Visser, one of three Faculty Librarians for Arts and Social Sciences at the JS Gericke Library, Stellenbosch University. My specific responsibilities are African Languages, General Linguistics, English, Modern Foreign Languages (German, French, Mandarin), Social Work and Information Science. I started my career as a teacher (definitely not my cuppa tea!), moved to Parow Public Library as children's librarian and then to Stellenbosch University where I found my niche in information service. But I'm not just a librarian. A few years ago I did the Postgraduate Diploma in Translation and now I also do freelance translation and editing. And I am a wife and a mother of two sons (19 and 16).

Looking forward to meeting you all in person

Naomi Visser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home