Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introduction

Greetings all
I’m Pieter du Plessis, Faculty Librarian for Science at Stellenbosch University. I’ve been a Faculty Librarian since 2002, but have had to move from Economics to Agriculture to Science in the last 3 years. So ja - I’m losing my faculties at an alarming rate. Prior to 2002 I also worked at the Periodicals Desk, Acquisitions Dept, Physics Library, Short Loans and Interlibrary Loans.
One of the great aspects of working in a client service department is to interact with different users who have different needs and different information skills. This keeps me going, because I never know exactly who is going to ask me what and when. This human interaction in our fast changing computer and Internet obsessed environment is the most valued aspect of my job.
I can’t wait to meet everyone and share in your experiences of being part of the Research Academy and also maintaining a straight face back at the day job.
If anyone would like to know more about who I am and what I do – you will have to wait for a face-to-face meeting, because as of yet I don’t have a Facebook/ twitter, etc. profile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home